Sunday, March 13, 2011

A goal is a dream with a deadline

Nicely put. That reminds me. What is my goal? If I don't have one, I guess I have to make one and set a deadline. But then what's the difference between a task and a goal?

This is what I read in my dream last night/early this morning.
...And that was the last time I saw her (my mother's) teeth, feeble, missing, peeking out of her mucous mouth. She wrapped her balding scalp with a piece of dirty gauze, looked as if she had pasta piled up on her head. She stopped caring how she looked a long ago. Became a mother of a great dane at the age of 25, she has led a relatively uneventful life. Ever unnerved and humorous, she feared that the pain and nausea will alter her personality. That would have been a huge set back.......

Nearly a word to word recount of the text from the book I was reading in my dream this morning. Except for the word "mucous". I had trouble understanding the word which was spelled (in my dream book) "mucuitous" or "mucalius" or something similar to these. then as I struggled to make sense, the word somehow transformed itself to "mucous". Dreams are great that way. Presumably a chapter from D. Sedari's "Me talk pretty one day". I am guessing because of the mentioning of a great dane.

No comments:

Post a Comment